I am new to this blogging thing and it so happens because I am new that I won this thing called the Liebster award. Weeks ago Sarah from Mom Running on Empty sent me a tweet to tell me that I was tagged to receive this award. And I was like “What the heck?! Someone knows about my blog and possibly reads it?” In other words, cool. Then because I have been super busy and at the same time super lazy writing blog posts; I was in the middle of my writing this post when I got nominated a second time by Kim from Run Kimmie Run. So I will be answering Sarah’s questions, so sorry Kimmie it’s not you. It’s me.
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. It’s given to new bloggers by other bloggers, and the rules are as follows.
Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
Here’s where I break a few rules. I will post 11 things about myself and answer the 11 questions that were given to me, but at this point I am not going to tag anyone else. I have read many Liebster posts on blogs that I follow and I am not sure that I know many other blogs well enough at this point to tag anyone that hasn’t already received the award. Got it? Great. Here we go.
11 Things about me
1. I have 2 marvelous daughters one 2.5 years old and the other 5.5 years old.
2. I only started running in June of 2011. I can hardly believe I once lived my life without it. I am also addicted to races. I can be convinced to run any race as long as I’m in town and I’m not running another race that day.
3. I have a black standard poodle named Flapjack. After he started eating our house when we left him home alone we had to crate him when we leave the house. He now eats his crate and as a result wore down his teeth to the gums. Super upsetting.
4. I have been a music teacher to elementary school children for 8 years. I love the summers when I can act like I don’t have a job and it doesn’t matter.
5. I have major anxiety when going to any place for the first time. It never gets easier, but each new race I run motivates me to work through that anxiety.
6. I need a sugar detox. I believe I am addicted to it.
7. I was engaged to my husband 7 weeks after our first date and 5 months after we met in graduate school. Oddly enough we went to the same high school, but never crossed paths then.
8. I am the farthest thing from a girly girl, but my two daughters definitely are. How did that happen?
9. I don’t drink coffee. Never developed a taste for it. I hate my husband’s espresso machine and grinder because it is just a mess maker to me. It stains my counter top, it leaves behind little puddles of water and there are always coffee grounds hiding underneath it. I order an unsweetened green-tea latte at Starbucks.
10. I alternate between 2 pairs of running shoes. One pair is a minimalist running shoe the other is not.
11. I’ve damaged my car pretty badly two times in my own garage/driveway. Took off one side of my front bumper after hitting a little tykes roller coaster and I also ripped off the passenger side-view mirror backing out of my garage. I need a little help with my depth perception to say the least.
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM? HOW DO YOU SHOW THE WORLD YOUR PRIDE?
Honestly, I am not really a fan of any sports team. I use to be a huge Chicago Bulls basketball fan back in the 90s when I was 13. I enjoy attending baseball games, but I’m not into any specific team or sport.
2. DO YOU WANT/HAVE A BIG OR A SMALL FAMILY?
I like my family the size it is now. I have a husband, 2 daughters and a dog.
3. WHAT IS THE LONGEST YOU HAVE BEEN AT ANY JOB?
My current job as a music teacher for the last 8 years.
4. ARE YOU AN EXTROVERT OR AN INTROVERT?
I am an extrovert with people I know. When I am in a new crowd of people I am introverted until the ice is broken.
5. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER?
Met my husband while attending my last semester in grad school. We have been together for 8 years.
6. WHO DO YOU LOOK LIKE, YOUR MOM OR YOUR DAD?
A little bit from column A and a little bit from column B.
7. DO YOU HAVE A CONTRADICTION IN YOUR PERSONALITY?
8. TELL ME SOMETHING RANDOM… ANYTHING AT ALL!
I have one daughter who barely eats and the other who will try and eat almost anything.
9. HAVE YOU LIVED IN A LOT OF PLACES? WHERE WAS YOUR FAVORITE?
If you count college and grad school I have lived in Wisconsin, Indiana and mostly Illinois. I guess I like living near Chicago the best, it’s what I am familiar with and I adore familiarity.
10. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK GROWING UP? DO YOU REMEMBER WHO GAVE IT TO YOU?
My favorite book was Bridge to Terabithia. It was required reading for the 5th grade literature class. Thanks Ms. Kriz.
11. DO YOU HAVE AN IRRATIONAL FEAR OF SOMETHING? WHAT IS IT??
I have an irrational fear of crossing over train tracks and any insect that stings. (bees, wasps, hornets etc.)
That’s it. Thanks for reading and understanding my total disregard for the rules.