Yes, you heard me, Christmas in July Races at Lisle Community Park in Lisle, Illinois. I have been hearing about this race for a while now since my friend, now running coach, has been training for the 24 hour race. What?! Yes, a 24 hour race. You do not have to be that crazy though because this race has many offerings. A Fun Run, 5K, 10K, 6hour, 12hour and 24 hours are the races you can choose from. This is a 2 day event (July 18-19) centered around a Wellness Expo where you can browse vendors promoting fitness and nutrition related products/services.
I’m super excited about this event for a couple of reasons. I haven’t run a 5K in over 2 years and I know I have a PR in me. This race is also close to my home and I love all of the conveniences that come with racing near home. And it’s a bonus that there is a Wellness Expo to peruse before and after the race.
Do you want to join me? You can register for any of the races now and get 10% off by using the code FOUNDRUNNING10 or you can enter the giveaway for a FREE entry for the 5K/10K or $65 off of one of the timed events (6 hour, 12 hour, 24 hour). To enter the giveaway please leave a comment mentioning which race distance you’d like to do and why. You can get a bonus entry if you also “like” my Facebook page and leave a note in the comments that you did so.
See below for details about the event:
- Fun run (kids races) are FREE and all participants will receive an AWESOME medal, a t-shirt, a bib. 2 runs – Friday night and Saturday night 30 minutes before 5K/10K.
- Evening races on both Friday and Saturday nights: 5K – Friday at 8:00, 10K – Saturday at 7:30 PM. You will receive a cotton/poly wicking t-shirt, a tech hat and a medal too!
- Ultra timed events, All start on Friday night kicking off with 24 Hour from 10 PM – 10 PM Saturday; 12 Hour 11:00 PM – 11:00 AM, and 6 hour 12 AM – 6 AM.
- Ultras – no DNF – run as much or as little as you like! All participants get an award plus get cotton/poly wicking shirt AND hoodie!
- Fully stocked aid station with meals served for ultras. Water, electrolyte drink, and snacks at the 5k/10k aid station.
- Wellness Expo: Go “like” Runners4Wellness Facebook page and check them out on Twitter @Runner4Wellness.
I will leave the giveaway open until Wednesday July 9, 2014. Shortly after I will randomly pick a winner so that I can allow the winner time to register before online race registration closes on July 13th. Good Luck!