This year I will be running the Christmas in July Races at Lisle Community Park in Lisle, Illinois. I’m not sure if I’m going to run the 5K and defend my 3rd place (woman overall) award or if I will do the 10K. If you’re not into the shorter distances and you want to challenge yourself in one of the ultras you can choose from a 6hour, 12hour or 24 hour race. This is a 2 day event from July 17-18. Check out the Christmas in July website for more information about this event.
Do you want to join me? You can register for any of the races now and get 10% off by using the code ANNEPROMO10 or you can enter the giveaway for a FREE entry for the 5K/10K or $75 off of one of the timed events (6 hour, 12 hour, 24 hour). To enter the giveaway please leave a comment mentioning which race distance you’d like to do and why. You can get a bonus entry if you also “like” my Facebook page and leave a note in the comments that you did so.
Fun details about the event:
- Fun run (kids races) are FREE and all participants will receive an AWESOME medal, a t-shirt, a bib. 2 runs – Friday night and Saturday night 30 minutes before 5K/10K.
- Evening races on both Friday and Saturday nights: 5K – Friday at 8:00, 10K – Saturday at 7:30 PM.
- Ultra timed events, All start on Friday night kicking off with 24 Hour from 10 PM – 10 PM Saturday; 12 Hour 11:00 PM – 11:00 AM, and 6 hour 12 AM – 6 AM.
- Ultras – no DNF – run as much or as little as you like! All participants get an award.
- Fully stocked aid station with meals served for ultras. Water, electrolyte drink, and snacks at the 5k/10k aid stations.
I will leave the giveaway open until Monday June 22, 2015. Shortly after I will randomly pick a winner and announce it on the blog. I can’t wait to find out who will be joining me at this event.